[GRASS-user] GEM and Add-ons

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 02:20:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

Nikos:
> > on a linux-box it's pretty easy because "r.colors.sttdev" is a shell
> > script. I assume in this case it's the same on a winbox (not sure
> > though).

I too have little idea about ms-windows + Msys.

> > Copy it [1], save it as r.colors.sttdev.sh
> >
> > Sorry, I think the suffix ".sh" is not required. Just save as it is
> > (r.colors.sttdev). Maybe you have to give proper file permissions.
> >
> > under /Your_GRASS_installation_directory/scripts (I don't know where
> > GRASS is saved by default on a winbox) and execute from within the
> > GRASS shell as you do with any other module.
> >
> > [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/raster/r.colors.tools/r.colors.stddev

You need to go to the end of that webpage and click one of
"Download in other formats:
    * Plain Text
    * Original Format"

i.e. get it *without* line numbers or any other cruft, those are just
for presentation on the web page.

I find the script to be very useful, I hope you do as well.

Hamish