[GRASS-user] problems with ps.map outputs

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Aug 13 10:17:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:58:20AM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <chrisbrandt74 at hotmail.com> flavor, containing:

> Dear list,
>
> I was trying to produce a Hardcopy PostScript map output with ps.map which I would like to rework within an image processing application. Therefore I was producing both a ps and an eps file but both of them are not loadable into e.g. Adobe Photoshop.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.

I have had good luck converting the PostScript files to PDF with GhostScript.
(Ghostscript comes with a script called "ps2pdf" that runs the converter with
just ther right options.)  Both Photoshop and Illustrator are then able to
read them, and you can tweak the presentation to your heart's content.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach