[GRASS-user] Snap a point to a line?

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 15:53:25 EDT 2008

Jonathan,

I've done this using v.distance with the upload option (to_x and to_y)
to get the coordinate of the nearest place in a line close to my
points. Then I'd export the to_x and to_y columns and create a new
point vector file.

I've done this so I could create the watersheds for 150 pour points,
snapping each point to the rivers line derived by the flow
accumulation

Cheers
Daniel