[GRASS-user] Trying to rename a column

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 13 22:57:46 EDT 2008

Ultimately what I am trying to do is to make a varchar(5) field be a
varchar(8) field — but I don't see how to do this directly. So, I
thought if I created a new varchar(8) column, copied the values of the
varchar(5) column into it (This all worked fine); then, renamed the
varchar(5) column to 'foo' (which also worked), then I could rename the
varchar(8) column to what the column name was for the original
varchar(5) column — this does NOT work. Also, I would like to delete the
'foo' column, but I don't see how to do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

--