[GRASS-user] How choosing the colors of an imported map

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 18 12:44:59 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 9:00 AM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:05:54 +0300
> From: Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] How choosing the colors of an imported map
> To: Paul Moen <pmoen at nd.gov>
> Cc: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 09:34 -0500, Paul Moen wrote:
>> I am doing exactly that with the following script.
>>
>> v.in.ascii input=textFile output=$RasName fs='tab' x=3 y=4 skip=0
>> cat=1
>> v.surf.rst input=RasName at Temp layer=1 zcolumn=dbl_3 tension=40. elev=
>> $RasName2 dmax=100 dmin=1
>> r.colors map=RasName at Temp color=arb-precip
>
> Based on your commands RasName at Temp is a vector map and not a raster,
> therefore r.colors won't work on it.
> Your raster is the RasName2 map (output of v.surf.rst)

FYI, I just committed a new interactive color management module to the
wxPython GUI code this weekend (in both develbranch_6 [GRASS 6.4] and
trunk [GRASS 7]).

It allows you to set colors for rasters by entering cat values or
percents and clicking a color chooser button. There is a preview
window that allows you to fine tune your color table.

It also allows you to set colors for an rgb_column in vectors (areas
only AIUI) by entering attribute values or ranges and clicking a color
chooser button. The preview window also shows vector areas colored in
this way for fine tuning.

Michael