[GRASS-user] Getting vectors from postscript files

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 19 17:44:31 EDT 2008

I have a large and layered PDF map which I'd like to get into Grass-GIS,
preferably without tracing the vectors by hand - there are hundreds!

I've been looking at various ways to extract the vectors - in particular
using tools like pdf2ps, pstoedit and fig2dev - to try and get the data
into some kind of usable format. However, the best I can seem to do is
to get an SVG (scalable vector graphics) file that contains the relevant
vectors.

Is there a tool that will let me import vectors from either PDF, PS, or
SVG into Grass-GIS?

Richard Chirgwin