[GRASS-user] Importing DEM into 3D Studio MAX

Jarekj jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Thu Aug 21 11:08:30 EDT 2008

well imho most simple method would be export dem in gray (any graphical
format) and use it as displacement map in 3dMAX or use it as the map in
displacement modifier. I used this method years ago to presend 3d
relief. It gave me very interesting result. ;-)
Second method is to change grid into 3dpoints, export it to vrml import
vrml to 3dMAX (I don't know now if 3dMAX handle vrml natively) and
convert points to mesh. But result cut be... any
Jarek