[GRASS-user] Retrieving Vector Point Screen Coordinates

Robert Shedd Robert.Shedd at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 22 07:09:20 EDT 2008

I am currently working on a project that it would be helpful to be able
to retrieve the x-y coordinates of a set of vector points.  I am
generating the map display in a script so interactive features (such as
available with d.where) will not work.

My current basic script is essentially the following:

export GRASS_TRUECOLOR=TRUE
export GRASS_WIDTH=800
export GRASS_HEIGHT=600
d.mon start=PNG
d.vect  map="pointvector" type="point" icon="basic/box" size=10 lcolor="black" fcolor="green"
d.mon stop=PNG

I am looking to find where each of the points in pointvector plots within the 800x600 png file.