[GRASS-user] Re: GRASS freezes with OpenSuse 11.0

William L. Baker bakerwl at uwyo.edu
Sun Aug 24 16:31:31 EDT 2008

I have the same problem with GRASS 6.3.0 downloaded from grass.itc.it
under OpenSuse 11.0 32-bit. I have latest GDAL, Postgresl etc.

Francesco Teodori has created 32-bit rpm's for Suse 11 and GRASS 6.3.0,
so he must know what we are doing wrong. I have not tried the rpm's:
http://teodori.org/repository/grass/opensuse11.0/current/32bit/grass-6.3.0-1opensuse11.0.i586/download.html

I have the same freeze problem with GRASS 6.2.3 and GRASS 6.3.0-svn from
2 weeks ago, both downloaded from grass.itc.it, so the freeze problem is
not specific to either 6.3 release or 64-bit. Something in OpenSuse 11
must be the trouble, but what?

Bill Baker