Re: [GRASS-user] Elevation profile from intersecting shapefiles‏

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:26:40 EST 2008

2008/12/5 Micha Silver <micha en arava.co.il>:
> georgew wrote:
>
>> Much progress!
>> My only remaining question is: Is there a way to use the track raster file
>> to input the values instead of using the mouse, so that the process can be
>> more or less automated? Thank you all for your great help. I'll write a
>> summary and post it in the Wiki as an FAQ or short tutorial as suggested by
>> Markus Neteler.

I've used the command "v.drape" to get profiles on raster maps along
lines from vector maps. The command to be executed is something like.

$ v.drape input=perfil out=perfil_n_mg type=point rast=eigen method=cubic

And to convert the profiles to ascii files, like tables, you can run:

v.out.ascii perfil_n_mg > perfil_n_mg.txt

Sorry if this is an old issue.