Re: [GRASS-user] Elevation profile from intersecting shapefiles‏

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Dec 5 05:42:51 EST 2008

georgew wrote:

> Much progress!
> My only remaining question is: Is there a way to use the track raster
> file to input the values instead of using the mouse, so that the
> process can be more or less automated? Thank you all for your great
> help. I'll write a summary and post it in the Wiki as an FAQ or short
> tutorial as suggested by Markus Neteler.
Reading the r.profile man page, you will see that it's possible to pipe
the list of coordinates to r.profile:

The *profile* parameter can be set to comma separated geographic
coordinates for profile line endpoints. The interactive flag (*-i*)
overrides this option. Alternatively the coordinate pairs can be piped
from stdin, one comma separated pair per line.

You can get the coordinate pairs from your track vector with
v.out.ascii, and use the fs=, option to make the output file
"comma-separated".

--
Micha