[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit does not save edited map although Save button is pressed

georgew gws293 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 05:27:23 EST 2008

Hi, I must be doing something wrong with the following:

d.rast.edit input=track21_rast at PERMANENT output=track21_edited_rast
aspect=contours21_rast at PERMANENT width=640 height=480 size=12 rows=200
cols=200 --overwrite

The edited data is not saved in the output map which remains identical to
the input map, although I pressed the Save button in the grid display.
 All the data is in my home directory (and anyway using "sudo d.rast.edit"
results in "d.rast.edit not found" error.)
Any clues what I might be doing wrong. ?
Many thanks
George