[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit does not save edited map although Save button is pressed

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Dec 15 11:08:34 EST 2008

georgew wrote:

> Hi, I must be doing something wrong with the following:
>
> d.rast.edit input=track21_rast at PERMANENT output=track21_edited_rast
> aspect=contours21_rast at PERMANENT width=640 height=480 size=12 rows=200
> cols=200 --overwrite
>
> The edited data is not saved in the output map which remains identical to
> the input map, although I pressed the Save button in the grid display.
>  All the data is in my home directory (and anyway using "sudo d.rast.edit"
> results in "d.rast.edit not found" error.)
> Any clues what I might be doing wrong. ?

What is the nature of the editing? If the only changes are setting
specific cells to null, that's one thing which d.rast.edit can't
handle. You would need to set the cells to some unused value then
subsequently change them to nulls with r.null.

If you're changing cells to non-null values, then I don't know what
the problem is.