[GRASS-user] d.rast.edit does not save edited map although Save button is pressed

georgew gws293 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:31:15 EST 2008

thanks Glynn, here is what I am doing. After I type the command two new
windows open up: one a grid with a faint outline of the input raster maps,
the other what I consider to be a navigation window, to help displaying on
the grid the area to be edited.
I want to extend the track21_raster map line, a walking track. So I click on
the cell nearest to the last colored cell in the grid and enter the two
category values I have, in the bottom grid display boxes: one called value
(I enter a 1, the track segment value), the other aspect (I enter the
elevation, 640) then press enter. (There is a third box called also Value,
which I leave blank as I don't know what to place there!).
A new whitish cell is created. I repeat the process for a few cells then
save, but nothing is saved. The output map is identical to the input. The
following is displayed in the terminal:
WARNING: Raster map <tmp.d.rast.edit> not found
WARNING: <tmp.d.rast.edit> nothing removed
Is it possible that the new cells are painted in white therefore invisible
when seen in the display? I have not found a way to change their color.
Any further help you can give will be most welcome.
By the way I am on GRASS 6.3 and  Ubuntu 8.04.