[GRASS-user] NVIZ problem

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Dec 30 14:39:37 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have just tried to install grass on Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit. Everything is fine apart from nviz, which only shows the image as I change position/zoom etc., that is it goes blank when left alone! I have an ati 4870 and have tried both the latest catalyst drivers and the restricted drivers but to no avail. Interestingly it does the same thing running the native windows version under vista (32 bit) running as a VM in virtualbox.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution or should I go back to 8.04?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Darrel

Prof Darrel Maddy
Newcastle University