[GRASS-user] Grass WIN: DBF problem

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Feb 1 09:27:52 EST 2008

Hi Moritz,
you are right, I was using a previous relese, with the RC4 release of
wingrass it perfectly works.
I just add a new issue (bug?):
- the show table attribute button in the GUI does not work, i get the
following error:
  "dbmi-dbf driver error: table ti_comuni doesn't exist error in
db_open_select_cursor()"
Table exist and works with the following commands:
- show attribute column GUI button works
- "database->query->query vector attribute table" perfectly works from menu

Thanks,
Maxi

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 01/02/08 12:37, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i have installed the native WIN version of grass (wingrass63RC4.zip),
>> but I have a problem with DBF generation.
>> When I import shp files, it doesn't give any error but no attribute
>> table is generated.
>> - Does anyone had the same problem?
>> - Does anyone have any suggestion on resolving this issue?
>>

> Is there a dbf with the shape files you import ? How do you import the
> shape files ? What messages do you see during import ?
>
> There used to be a problem in dbf creation, but it was fixed in the
> RC4 release of wingrass.
>
> Moritz

Dr. Massimiliano Cannata
Environmental & Geomatic Engineer

Institute of Earth Scences - SUPSI
Trevano, C.P. 72, CH-6952 Canobbio, SWITZERLAND

Tel:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 14
Fax:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 09
E-mail: massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch

Web: