[GRASS-user] Search and Rescue Volunteer Groups

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 4 14:18:24 EST 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Sampson, David wrote:

> I was thinking of seeing if there is enough interest amongst MANY MANY
> MANY SAR teams that might be able to contribute small amounts each year
> to continued development of open source SAR stuff. Evrything from
> updating E-Gads (above) to building small scripts in GRASS/QGIS to
> building custom interfaces or side applications.

There are a bunch of techies hiding in the woodwork here and there,
I'm one of them:  Unix SysAdmin during the day, open-source
contributor and SAR guy at other times.  I'm somewhat familiar with
E-Gads and one of my buddies in SAR is now officially one of the
developers I think.

> I'd be interested in a seprate e-mail list for Open Source SAR solutions
> related to mapping and such if we can get 10 people or more interested.

There's also the SAR_APRS mailing list if you're interested in
real-time tracking of SAR teams on maps.  I am.  So is Mr. Russo.
If you start a list for the above topic you might post an
announcement about it on there too.