[GRASS-user] GRASS and linking postgres tables to spatial layers

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 5 08:29:25 EST 2008

Do you have any more information?

Would I just build onto the existing table or create a separate table
and again link them?

I will eventually want to information accessible through WMS and perhaps
other applications hitting the DB.  but this might be a good proof of
concept for right now.

Cheers

________________________________

From: Michele Rocca [mailto:michele.rocc at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 03:48
To: Sampson, David
Cc: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS and linking postgres tables to spatial
layers

2008/2/4, Sampson, David <dsampson at nrcan.gc.ca>:

	I would like to create a map that can classify each province by
totla dolar value of all projects. Each classification would have a
dollar range associated with a color.

	Alternative would be to do pie charts or other graphics to
easily examplify the distribution of money amongst provinces.

	I am thinking that I have to link the GRASS data with a postgres
table.

David, linking to postgres can be useful, but you can accomplish what
you are trying to do using the
default GRASS database.

Michele.