[GRASS-user] 3D composite with RGB bands

Reno Bladergroen Rbladergroen at tele2allin.be
Thu Feb 7 15:57:14 EST 2008

Hello list,

I am trying to make a scenery for a soaring simulation game (silentwings).
The common way to do this is combining RGB landsat7 bands (Tm3,2,1), then
pan-sharpen this combination. So far I was able to do pan-sharpening using
grass, but I was advised (and asked by the program) to choose the NIR and
MIR bands. In that case I get kind of funny colors (purple roads, deep blue
rivers etc), not really usable for the game. Can I do the same but then with
the RGB bands? Do i need a different approach or can I use the same using
band Tm3,2,1. Which band do i substitute for which?

Thanks in advance,

Reno