[GRASS-user] 3D composite with RGB bands

Adrian adrian at billiau.net
Fri Feb 8 05:05:57 EST 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:57:14 -0800 (PST)
Reno Bladergroen <Rbladergroen at tele2allin.be> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am trying to make a scenery for a soaring simulation game
> (silentwings). The common way to do this is combining RGB landsat7
> bands (Tm3,2,1), then pan-sharpen this combination. So far I was able
> to do pan-sharpening using grass, but I was advised (and asked by the
> program) to choose the NIR and MIR bands. In that case I get kind of
> funny colors (purple roads, deep blue rivers etc), not really usable
> for the game. Can I do the same but then with the RGB bands? Do i
> need a different approach or can I use the same using band Tm3,2,1.
> Which band do i substitute for which?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Reno

The use of Near and Mid infrared bands is recommended for extracting
information from the image, particularly about vegetation and water.
To find the bands of the landsat 7 image that correspond to RGB, you
would have to look at the metadata for the image, but they are probably
bands 3,4,5.
	All functions within grass should function the same no matter
which bands are given as input values.