[GRASS-user] r.sim.water and Spearfish60 sample data

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 18:20:23 EST 2008

roberto caselli wrote:
> About what Hamish said, the problem is in the elevation resolution??
> Could use the 6.3.3 script usinf elevation.dem instead of
> elevation.10m?

In the 6.2.3 version of spearfish.sh, just edit the line at the top to
be elevation.dem instead of elevation.10m.  elevation.dem is at 30m
resolution so will be 9 times smaller and need that much less RAM/time.
With most of the raster modules you can get away without very much RAM,
but apparently not r.sim.water.

Assuming that's the problem- in that case I would have thought that
G_malloc() would give you an "out of memory" error instead of a
SegFault, but I am not very familiar with the cygwin stuff.

Hamish