[GRASS-user] Projection of dataset does not appear to match the current location!!!

Frank Broniewski liste at geo-dienstleistung.de
Thu Feb 14 04:31:13 EST 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008 10:00:28 Kunal Malik wrote:
> Hi!!
>  i am Trying to display  one raster image  kept on my harddisk,,
> I have kept spearfish60 on /usr/local/grassdata so I set Location :
> spearfish60
> I have made one user user1 then i set Mapset: user1..
> then i start grass ,,
> the n throu command
> r.in.gdal -e in=nf42.tif out=tm
> then i am getting the error,.,,
>
> Projection of dataset does not  appear to match the current location!!!
> I have tried the same thru GIS manager,,,
> file->import->Raster->multiple formats using gdal..
> I want to know where i am doing wrong..
> Thanks in Advance

Hi,

In order to use your raster image, you need to import it into a location with
the same reference system as the raster. It has probably a projection other
than the spearfish data set. That's why you get the error message from
r.in.gdal.

Once you have imported your raster into a location other than spearfish, you
can use r.proj to import your raster image into the spearfish dataset.