[GRASS-user] Problem with v.digit

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 15 03:27:59 EST 2008

Hi!

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 19:32 -0800, yazid bekti wrote:
> Hello , i'm undergraduate and for my research of
> landscape i using the v.digit to digit the satelite
> image, but i find very difficult to use this tool
> (maybe because i don't have the basic concept). i have
> using common boundary but still some time there
> problems because the area won't close (stiil gray
> color, i dont change the color of v.digit). can
> someone tell me how to use this tool

Try using QGIS (with qgis-plugin-grass) with which pan-ing is
convenient.
>  and where should i start the digit.
>  In the middle of satelite image or
> in the corner.

What is exactly your task?

Just to digitize some "objects" within you image?

Create a vector grid, overlay it over your image so it's easy to
remember in which part of the image you have worked, to locate "objects"
of your interest... etc.

If you need to georeference an image you can "play" first in the corners
trying to nail your image (as like when you want to hang a  poster in
the wall!) and then move more in the inner locations and successively in
the centre.

> thank you very much

Cheers,

Nikos