[GRASS-user] Re: Command line (bash) for Windows grass?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Sun Feb 17 15:07:30 EST 2008

I've switched to using the mingw version -- msys comes with a command
line "sh.exe", but I can't seem to a) boot grass using it, and b) and
suspicious it won't be able to run bash scripting (sh is not the same as
bash, correct?)

--j

WolfgangZ wrote:
> Jonathan Greenberg schrieb:
>> Is there any way to access a bash window for the Windows mingw version
>> of grass 6.3?  What do I need to do?  Thanks!
>>
>> --j
>>

> I don't know exactly what version you are using but in the classical
> windows verstion you have the bash provided from cygwin.
>
> The new wingrass version can make use of msys, just read the README in
> http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wingrass/README
>
> Regards
> Wolfgang

Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar
Center for Spatial Technologies and Remote Sensing (CSTARS)
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
The Barn, Room 250N
Davis, CA 95616