[GRASS-user] Re: Command line (bash) for Windows grass?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Feb 17 19:40:42 EST 2008

Jonathan Greenberg wrote:

> I've switched to using the mingw version -- msys comes with a command
> line "sh.exe", but I can't seem to a) boot grass using it,

One option is to try running the grass63.bat file rather than
grass63.sh. IIRC, the shell-based startup has some problems under
MSys.

Once you've started GRASS, you should be able to start the MSys shell
from the command prompt with e.g.:

	c:\msys\1.0\bin\sh

> and b) and
> suspicious it won't be able to run bash scripting (sh is not the same as
> bash, correct?)

MSys' sh.exe is bash.

The r.tileset and i.spectral scripts use some bash-isms, and so start
with #!/bin/bash. These would need to be changed to use #!/bin/sh, but
should work in MSys.