[GRASS-user] Re: Command line (bash) for Windows grass?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 21 07:14:59 EST 2008

On 18/02/08 01:40, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
>
>> I've switched to using the mingw version -- msys comes with a command
>> line "sh.exe", but I can't seem to a) boot grass using it,
>
> One option is to try running the grass63.bat file rather than
> grass63.sh. IIRC, the shell-based startup has some problems under
> MSys.

I have successfully run the shell-based startup from the msys shell. I
had to adapt path within the file (just did that for the wingrass
package, so it should now run without any adaption). So, just open an
msys terminal and type /c/grass63RC5/bin/grass63 and it should work. If
not, please report, so that we can see why.

Moritz