[GRASS-user] Re: Does Grass Support The following ???

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:47:32 EST 2008

Hi,
Kunal Malik píše v Pá 22. 02. 2008 v 10:33 +0530:
> HI!!
> I have displayed my raster & vector Images.
>

> NOw i want to start with the development using the grass tools.
>

> How could i use Grass in conjuction with the Map Server.????
> I want to develop the client-server architecture,

Basically, you can setup MapServer, so it can access data (both, raster
and vector) and serv them to clients. See
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data and
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_MapServer

for more detail.

http://spatialguru.com/book/sherman_davis
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0596008651?tag=webmappingi06-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0596008651&adid=0WERXH1HX6ND63WF84WG&

http://www.grassbook.org/

> could u please tell the following tasks could be accomplished in
> grass ??
>
> 1.Import & Export  Map(TF,GeoTif,IMG,DTED,SHP,BMP,DVD,DGN).

v.in.ogr / r.in.gdal
v.out.ogr / r.out.gdal

see also http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html and
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html

for details

> 2.)Registration of Map-->Datum Used is wgs84.

r.proj / gdal_translate

> 3)Raster to Vector Conversion & Vice Versa

r.to.vect / v.to.rast

> 4) Create Layer

?? v.digit, v.edit, r.mapcalc, r.*, v.*

> 5)Grouping & Separation of Layers.

i.group - but that is probably not, what you are looking for

> 6) Hide/Unhide Layers.

do not understand. the layer is displayed, when you request it and it is
not displayed, when you request it

> 7)Edit/Delete layers,

g.remove

> 8)Stiching of Map.