[GRASS-user] Water boundaries to stream network...

michael vetter michael.vetter at uibk.ac.at
Sat Feb 23 12:18:59 EST 2008

If you need a centerline of a river system, i have a shell script for you.

To derive a centerline of a polygon you can use the v.centerline.sh
(download at http://www.uibk.ac.at/geographie/personal/michael_vetter).
The script needs an input polygon as a grass boundary and calculates a
centerline of the polygon (output of r.thin and some v.clean tools). you
have
to change the cleaning parameters (thresh and smooth) to get a nice
centerline.

If your resolution is to small, you will have a very bad performance
(because of
r.thin).

Michael