[GRASS-user] Water boundaries to stream network...

Charles Ehlschlaeger c.ehlschlaeger at insightbb.com
Sat Feb 23 12:37:36 EST 2008

The important question is: "What is the purpose of the centerline?" Is the
centerline supposed to indicate which side of the SBDRs the land belongs on?
Or is the centerline supposed to divide the SBDRs watershed in half? Maybe
there are other purposes. If it is the first purpose, I recommend:
1) Get a DEM including the SBDRs watershed which includes bathymetry data.
2) Run r.watershed with a basin threshold at nearly the area of the
watershed. Then the "half basins" options will divide the SBDRs watershed at
the deepest river.

Sincerely, chuck

Chuck Ehlschlaeger, Geospatial Science Consultant
PERTAN GROUP, http://pertan.com/
c.ehlschlaeger at insightbb.com, 309-255-2727
http://chuck.ehlschlaeger.info/