[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal Gtiff output does not preserve color tables

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:40:36 EST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Hamish wrote:
> Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > - r.out.gdal never worked for me (or rather the resulting file would
> > not open in ArcMap)
>
> did you try adding  INTERLEAVE=PIXEL  and *not* using LZW compression
> for createopt=?
>

> From the help r.out.gdal page:
> {{{
> NOTES
>
> When writing out GeoTIFF format for users of ESRI software or
> ImageMagick, the band interleaving should be switched to pixel
> interleaving using createopt="INTERLEAVE=PIXEL".
>
> To specify multiple options use a comma separated list
> (createopt="TFW=YES,COMPRESS=DEFLATE").
> }}}
>

> Hamish

Yep-- I have tried both of those options. I either get a file which will not
open (mysterious ESRI error), or the file's data range is reported as some
huge negative number <--> to some huge positive number, something like
3x10^25 . I will check on the exact value and report back.

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory