[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal Gtiff output does not preserve color tables

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 00:58:37 EST 2008

Hamish:
> > did you try adding  INTERLEAVE=PIXEL  and *not* using LZW
> > compression for createopt=?
Dylan:
> Yep-- I have tried both of those options. I either get a file which
> will not open (mysterious ESRI error),

I decided (out of complete frustration) never to use Arc again before I
started much with GRASS, so I can't comment on that. For exporting
stuff for colleagues I usually go with r.out.arc and don't get many
complaints.

> or the file's data range is reported as some huge negative number
> <--> to some huge positive number, something like 3x10^25 . I will
> check on the exact value and report back.

This will be the nodata value? Or wrong data type? (float read as int)

Hamish