[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal Gtiff output does not preserve color tables

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:44:54 EST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Hamish wrote:
> Hamish:
> > > did you try adding  INTERLEAVE=PIXEL  and *not* using LZW
> > > compression for createopt=?
>
> Dylan:
> > Yep-- I have tried both of those options. I either get a file which
> > will not open (mysterious ESRI error),
>
> I decided (out of complete frustration) never to use Arc again before I
> started much with GRASS, so I can't comment on that. For exporting
> stuff for colleagues I usually go with r.out.arc and don't get many
> complaints.

Tell me about it. The mysterious crashes and licensing headache were enough to
convert me to a completely FOSS GIS toolset.

> > or the file's data range is reported as some huge negative number
> > <--> to some huge positive number, something like 3x10^25 . I will
> > check on the exact value and report back.

The reported range is: (1.17549e-038,3.40282e+038). I have updated my notes
[1] accordingly.

> This will be the nodata value? Or wrong data type? (float read as int)

I think that this is the nodata value bug which has been hinted at before that
is ultimately to blame.

Dylan

1. http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/337

--