[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae

mohannbr mohan_483 at rediffmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:43:55 EST 2008

Hi,

   I use postgresql driver for GRASS. I have GRASS 6.2.2 installed in my
comp. with 'host=localhost,dbname=grass60test'.
When i try to import .shp files using v.in.ogr , i get the error...
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xae
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the
encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
How do i correct it???

-Mohan