[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] 2D to 3D points

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Feb 29 02:14:15 EST 2008

Michael Barton pisze:
> It doesn't seem to. I think it makes columns from the points.

If the input is a 3d point it makes a vertical 3d line out of it (the
lines's 2d length = 0, 3d length =  0 + input 3d point's z). As the
manual says. It takes 2 additional commnads to extract the top node:

v.extrude input=pt output=pt3d_ln hcolumn=wys type=point layer=1

v.to.points -n input=pt3d_ln output=pt3d_pt type=line llayer=1

v.extract input=pts3d_pt output=pts3d_pt_top type=point layer=2 new=-1
where="along>0"

For tranforming 2d points into 3d directly there is v.transform I guess,
using 'table' and 'columns' option.

Maciek