[GRASS-user] Automatic generation of surface interpolation rasters

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:52:08 EST 2008

Javier,

On Jan 8, 2008 9:22 AM, Javier Caicedo <jcaicedo at cti.espol.edu.ec> wrote:
> So far so good, but the problem I am having is that v.surf.rst excludes the
> points that are at the edge of the region. So my question would be if
> there's a way for v.surf.rst to consider this points or otherwise make the
> region bigger so v.surf.rst would include them. I could use the adding
> options in g.region (i.e. n=n+{value}) but I would need to know the sign of
> the coordinates in advance.
>
> So, if anyone has some advice I would appreciate it.

Regardless of which cartesian coordinate system you're in, to increase
the "region" by x:

n = n+x
e = e+x
s = s-x
w = w-x

You could do this with some shell parsing magic.

Another option is to take the convex hull of the points (v.hull) then
buffer by x (v.buffer) and set the region to that vector map.

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

-- Douglas Adams