[GRASS-user] Lines import - fixed

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 14 19:08:31 EST 2008

Hamish wrote:
> Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>
>> Just a single line for each pair will be fine that is:
>>
>> First line:
>> x1 y1 connects to x2 y2
>> Second line:
>> x3 y3 connects to x4 y4
>> ...etc
>>

> is that the syntax of your DB attributes?
> or are you starting with x and y columns?
>
> The 'v.in.ascii -n format=standard' equivalent is:
>
> L 2
>  x1 y1
>  x2 y2
> L 2
>  x3 y3
>  x4 y4

Thanks Hamish - it's working now so please ignore my last message. My
error was that in selecting out of the database, I had let the cat
column appear after the L, so that we had L  2 for the record header of
the first line, L  3 for the next, and so on - which upset Grass on the
import.

Cheers all
Richard