[GRASS-user] linking different tables to one vector file...

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:03:03 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/1/15, Jaime Carrera <jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com>:
> I wanted to ask if its possible to link different tables to a vector map
> with points, lines and areas (i.e link nodes to node_table, lines to
> lines_table and areas to area_table).

yes, it is possible. Vector map can be multi-layered. In your case
first sub-layer can contain points, the second lines, etc. You can
link different tables to sub-layers using v.db.connect. In your case
you just need to separate vector types to the different sub-layers.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *