[GRASS-user] problems starting wxPython gui using wingrass

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 16 14:17:17 EST 2008

I thought I'd try the wxPython gui with wingrass. I downloaded
wingrass63RC4.zip and installed it. Also python 2.4 and
wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.7.1-py24.exe.

The README file at
http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/README says

Go to directory:

$ cd gui/wxpython

I assume that means c:/grass63RC4/grass-6.3.0RC4/etc/gui. But there is no
wxpython folder there, just folders for icons and scripts. Either I'm
looking in the wrong gui directory or the wxpython directory doesn't come
with wingrass, or I'm doing something else wrong.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Gerald C. Nelson