[GRASS-user] problems starting wxPython gui using wingrass

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:31:41 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/1/16, Gerald Nelson <gnelson at uiuc.edu>:

> I thought I'd try the wxPython gui with wingrass. I downloaded
> wingrass63RC4.zip and installed it. Also python 2.4 and
> wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.7.1-py24.exe.
> The README file at
> http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/README
> says
>
>   Go to directory:
>
> $ cd gui/wxpython
>
> I assume that means c:/grass63RC4/grass-6.3.0RC4/etc/gui. But there is no
> wxpython folder there, just folders for icons and scripts. Either I'm
> looking in the wrong gui directory or the wxpython directory doesn't come
> with wingrass, or I'm doing something else wrong.

please use svn-trunk for testing wxGUI. I haven't tried to run wxGUI
under Windows till now, testing is highly welcomed on Windows too at
least for GRASS 6.4 release. I need to find a machine with Windows,
since I have no access to Windows now (happily;-)...

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *