[GRASS-user] problems starting wxPython gui using wingrass

nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 17 10:29:59 EST 2008

wxgrass doesn't work.

Error's after "make" below.

Following modules are missing the 'description.html' file
in src code:
GRASS GIS compilation log
-------------------------
Started compilation: Thu Jan 17 16:20:58 CET 2008
--
Errors in:
/usr/local/src/grass_trunk/lib/ogsf

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:15:40 -0700
 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I'm glad that you're finally getting the correct code.
> I'm confused  about it's availability too. Please let us
> know how it runs once you  can get it and test it.
>
> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
> Director of Graduate Studies
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> Phone: 480-965-6262
> Fax: 480-965-7671
> www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>
>

> On Jan 17, 2008, at 4:54 AM,
> nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de  wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the clarification (again).
> >
> > (1) ??? I can put my hand on fire (greek... or
> universal
> > expression) that I was getting an error with "svn up"
> but
> > now not!
> >
> > (2) Yes... trunk... (sorry for insisting).
> >

> > On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:28:41 +0100
> >  "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> general note, why are you running 'svn up' as sudo??

> >> under... :

> >> (Peloponnese_HGRS87):/usr/local/grass-6.3.0RC4/etc/gui

> which
> >> does not contain

(Peloponnese_HGRS87):/usr/local/src/release_20080109_grass_6_3_0RC4/

> > gui/wxpython
> >>  scripts
> >>
> >> Once more, in grass 6.3 is old wxpython code. Use
> >> svn-trunk instead.
> >>
> >> svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk
> >> grass_trunk
> >>
> >> Martin
> >>
> >> --
> >> Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> *
> >> http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *

                        .
         Nikos Alexandris - Ph.D. Candidate
                        .
            Department of Remote Sensing
                       and
            Landscape Information Systems
                     (FeLIS)
                        .
      Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment
          Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
                        .
            Tel.  +49 (0) 761 203 3697
            Fax.  +49 (0) 761 203 3701