[GRASS-user] wxPython in 6.3.0RC4?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:03:50 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/1/18, Jaime Carrera <jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com>:

> I've just installed the RC4 version, but wxgrass is not installed. I was

this issue has been several times discussed in grass-user/dev ML in
the last days. See e.g. [1].

> wondering why then the release news mentions that "Additionally, this
> release debuts a new graphical GIS manager and menu system, while an
> improved version of the old GUI display manager has been retained for legacy
> support." Is the SVN version the one that has wxgrass in it?

It seems to me there is no note about wxPython-based GUI, so I guess
it is all about TCL/TK GUI(??). For 6.3.0 we can include copy of
wxPython GUI from trunk to enable more people to test it out.

[1]  http://www.nabble.com/problems-starting-wxPython-gui-using-wingrass-to14891748.html#a14897482

> Was some kind of flag missing when I compiled grass?

No, wxpython GUI is just only in trunk for now.

Regards, Martin

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *