[GRASS-user] Virtual memory available to cygwin GRASS

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Fri Jan 18 06:37:23 EST 2008

Hello,

As a less-than-two-year old cygwin/GRASS user, I have never seen virtual
memory going over 1 GB while doing intensive computations with GRASS
(e.g., v.surf.idw interpolation). I haven't found much on the topic in
the web so I tried the following to increase virtual memory available to
cygwin:

but noticed no difference and so I am wondering whether cygwin/GRASS
gets compiled with the -mno-cygwin flag that apparently allows programs
to allocate up to 1920 MBytes:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-04/msg01309.html

Does anybody has experience with this?

Thanks and regards,