[GRASS-user] r.circle mult=4 does not work

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 21 13:50:21 EST 2008

>I plotted circles on the map with r.circle mult=2 and it was fine.
>But when I changed mult=4, it did not have any effect, the ccircles
>reminded as previous.
>Befor recalculation I removed the old rasters.
>
>Are there some limits with the multiplier?
>
>Best regards
>
>Seppo Kaitala

The mult parameter only changes the z-values of each output pixel, not its position.
If you create different output maps with varying mult parameters and query each one
in turn, you'll see the size and extent of each output circle remain the same while
their z-values vary according to each multiplier value.

I'll add a hint in the manual page about it.

~ Eric.