[GRASS-user] Use of r.watershed

hydro at hydromodeling.com hydro at hydromodeling.com
Wed Jan 23 12:28:50 EST 2008

Thanks for pointing out the excerpt from the manual.  So, based on
that it seems that r.watershed will take longer to run than the
ArcHydro tools.  How much longer? I guess I will just let it run and
see if I can find out.  Then I will run r.terraflow and compare the
differences between ArcHydro, r.terrafow and r.watershed.

If anyone has used r.watershed on a comparably sized DEM, I would be
interested to hear how long it took to run.  By the way my machine has
a 2.8Ghz P4 processor and 1.25G of RAM.