[GRASS-user] center line with v.generalize ?

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Jan 24 13:30:58 EST 2008

Another possibility, perhaps, would be to export the raster result of
v.to.rast and do some editing in an image application, like the Gimp.
You can try to isolate the river from the other raster information and
save that, then re-import to grass, r.to.vect, etc.

There may be a way to work on an exported version of the vector in
something like Inkscape. I've not tried any of this myself, so perhaps
someone else has some comments on how or whether this will work.

John