[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jan 28 10:36:19 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 7:32 AM, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:52:17 +0100
> From: Niels Thevs <nt001582 at uni-greifswald.de>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] v.rast.stats
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Dear all,
>
> i have GRASS running under Windows and tried the command v.rast.stats.
> Unfortunately I got a message that I have to install awk or gawk
> first.
> What is awk and gawk and how to get ir ?
>
> Regards
>
> Niels

Niels,

Just had this problem with my class. You already have awk if you
installed msys. You just have to change the grass63.bat file to tell
GRASS where it is. There are 2 lines rem'ed out that specify the
mysys direction. Un-rem them (one has a typo with "set set"; change
this to a single "set") and make sure that the path they specify is
correct.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity