[GRASS-user] db.tables & v.db.connect -p mismatch? why?

David Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Tue Jan 29 10:12:09 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I overlaid two postGIS polygon layers connected to two different
databases (same postgresql server). Will tables (including postGIS
geometry) for the resulting new layer automatically be generated through
the current <pg> connection? I am getting results that do not match:

ON THE ONE HAND
----------------
GRASS 6.2.2 (Israel-Palestine):~ > v.db.connect -p pg_halkot_valley
Vector map <pg_halkot_valley> is connected by:
layer <1> table <pg_halkot_valley> in database
<host=localhost,dbname=hebrew_spatial> through driver <pg> with key
<cat>

And pgAdmin3 shows that the table is indeed in the hebrew_spatial
database and is filled with rows of data.

ON THE OTHER HAND
-----------------
GRASS 6.2.2 (Israel-Palestine):~ > db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:host=localhost,dbname=hebrew_spatial
schema:(null)
group:(null)

GRASS 6.2.2 (Israel-Palestine):~ > db.tables -p
public.baaltable
public.cities
public.geometry_columns
public.gush1
public.gush19359
public.gushtable
public.spatial_ref_sys

where is the pg_halkot_valley generated by the overlay? shouldn't it be
in this list?

-david