[GRASS-user] get message warning: unable to open font map in i.points such file

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 08:29:18 EST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Philipp Steigenberger wrote:

> Hi all,
> I use in university a cvs of GRASS 6.3 in debian.
> The other day I got a problems with fonts in i.class and today the same
> using i.points.
>
> There are no words on the buttons. onlay grey beams (Balken)
> in Konsole I got the message
>
> WARNING: unable to open font map '/usr/lib/grass/fonts/.hmp': No such
> file

Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier. The usual solution for this is to
run:
g.mkfontcap -o
to re-generate the font file.

Did you compile GRASS yourself? Were the compiled binaries moved to some
other location in the filesystem without running "make install" - if so,
the locations of the GRASS built-in fonts in the fontcap file would be
wrong and it needs to be regenerated.

Paul