[GRASS-user] creating new geometry from pre-existing lines and points

David Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Wed Jan 30 12:32:59 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

First--I want to thank everyone on this list. I've installed a lot of
new tools in the last month (including a new OS, ubuntu) and got up and
running very fast because of help received here. Thank you again!

Second--another question (of course). I have a vector (polygon) layer
and there is a hole (no surface). I want to turn that hole into a
polygon using the existing lines and points around it. I thought I could
use v.digit for this but I did a very poor job. Perhaps there is a
particular v.digit technique or another tool I should use?

Also (and this relates to a previous question of mine) if I have
imported a postGIS vector layer via v.in.ogr, does that create a
permanent link so that edits via v.digit are then written back to the
SQL database? Or do I need to somehow tell it to update?

thank you again,
-david