[GRASS-user] get message warning: unable to open font map in i.points such file

Philipp Steigenberger userlist at online.de
Thu Jan 31 05:24:17 EST 2008

Glynn Clements schrieb:
> Philipp Steigenberger wrote:
>

>> the GRASS cvs I didn't compile by myself. It was installed into the
>> system. This days I couldn't run g.mkfontcap, cause I hadn't the permission.
>> Now that I  have the superuser rights I already compiled GRASS svn -
>> without makeinstall;
>> I'll try the g.mkfontcap tomorrow with the cvs GRASS just to look if it
>> will work.
>>

> If you don't have permission to modify etc/fontcap, you can use e.g.
> "g.mkfontcap -s > ~/.gfontcap" to create a personal copy then use e.g.
> "export GRASS_FONT_CAP=$HOME/.gfontcap" to make GRASS use that file
> instead of the system copy.

Glynn,
In this way it works. But do I have to put this

g.mkfontcap -s > ~/.gfontcap
export GRASS_FONT_CAP=$HOME/.gfontca

into the .grass.bashrc, that don't have to export it every time I open a
new bash?

(
I opened a new bash and got there:
GRASS:~/gw$ echo $GRASS_FONT_CAP
GRASS:~/gw$
)

For my new GRASS svn it doesn't matter, but for me its in general
interesting to know how to work with /export/ in such cases. Is there a
file where the bash saves all the env-variables and how to influence it.
- But probably this is off-topic...

cheers
om shantih
Philipp